ZECO Photo contest
The Central and Eastern Europe area of the AEFE is organizing a photo contest open to all students from 4th grade to 12th grade. The contest will take place from September to mid-December 2023.
The Olympic and Paralympic Games (OPG) will be held in Paris in 2024. In connection with this major event, the theme of school sports will be at the heart of the events organized by the AEFE next year (for example, the French Schools Week around the world).
The photos for the contest will have the general theme of “School Sports,” with a distinct sub-theme based on the age group of the students:
- “The Colors of Sports” for cycle 3 (CM1, CM2 et 6èmes)
- “Sports within a Frame” (the frame can be of any nature and/or shape) for cycle 4 (5èmes, 4èmes et 3èmes)
- “The Poetry of Sports” for high school (2ndes, 1ères et Terminales)
The contest is open to all students from 3rd grade to 12th grade in all educational institutions belonging to the Central and Eastern Europe area. Participation is limited to one photo per student. Participation in the contest is free and implies full acceptance of the current regulations without any reservation. Each minor student is considered authorized by their parents or legal representatives.
Participation will only be considered after receiving and verifying the conformity of the photographs with the current regulations.
Each participating institution organizes the first part of the contest. Students are invited to submit their photos to the designated person in the institution by November 9 at the email address email@example.com.
From November 10 to November 17, there will be an exhibition of the photos at LIFV.
After the voting, the winning photos are then sent to the ZECO communication officer. She collects the winning photos from all participating institutions and organizes the second part of the contest: online voting via DRIMIFY from November 27th to December 8th, 2023.
To be compliant, photographs must:
- Be in digital format (JPEG or PNG), 4/3 (landscape) or 3/4 (portrait), with a resolution of 300 dpi.
- Not exceed 5 MB in file size.
- Be without filters, borders, watermarks, or signatures.
- Be taken in natural light.
- Have a title.
- Not undergo any editing or manipulation (photomontage). Adjustments related to image quality are allowed. This includes adjustments to colors (saturation, white balance, vibrancy), lighting (brightness, contrast), and image sharpness.
Whether during the first part (in each institution) or the second part of the contest (the entire ZECO area), four prizes will be awarded:
- Student Prize
- Parents’ Prize
- ZECO Staff Prize
- Special Recognition Prize
The winning photos will be published on the website aefe-zeco.net and the ZECO’s social media accounts (Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram).
The results will be announced during the week of December 11th.
As the contest respects the right to privacy and image as prescribed by law, participants affirm on their honor that they hold the copyrights to the submitted photographs and that identifiable individuals in the photos have given their consent.
By participating, participants agree to the use and dissemination of the submitted photos by ZECO on digital platforms and social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn) without restrictions or reservations. This does not entitle them to compensation, rights, or any other benefits within the context of this communication.