What makes our school different:
Vilnius International French Lyceum (LIFV) is the only international school in the capital of Lithuania where the learning process is organized in French: a global language of diplomacy, spoken in five continents. The entire French education is accessible in Vilnius, from preschool (kindergarten – école maternelle) to high school (secondary school – lycée), with focus on linguistic diversity.
LIFV promotes humanistic values and educates citizens of the world of tomorrow: intellectuals and polyglots open to dialogue, capable to discuss and think critically.
GUARANTEED QUALITY OF EDUCATION
– the largest and oldest international school in Vilnius, more than 28 years of experience
– The entire French education system in Vilnius: preschool (kindergarten-maternelle), primary school, middle school (collège) and high school (lycée)
– the learning process is organized in French following the French national education curriculum
– The LIFV is part of a unique international network of schools in the world: AEFE, which unites 527 institutions, 300,000 students, 137 countries around the world. This is the guarantee of the quality of French education abroad and it allows the students to follow the French curriculum in any of the schools of the AEFE network
– The quality of education is ensured by professionals appointed by the French Ministry of Education
– Qualified team of teachers
INTERNATIONAL AND MULTILINGUAL ENVIRONMENT
– Enhanced language teaching: graduates speak 5 languages and receive world-renowned certificates
– English is taught optionally from 3-year-old, mandatory from 5 years old
– In addition to French and English, children learn German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Lithuanian
– The LIFV employs qualified teachers, most of them from France, who teach in their mother tongue
– We are open to Lithuanian culture: Lithuanian children learn Lithuanian according to the program approved by the Lithuanian Ministry of Education, other students – as a foreign language
– Graduates take the final Baccalauréat exams of the French education system. They are also prepared for the Lithuanian Maturity exams and can study in Lithuanian higher education institutions if they wish.
– Baccalauréat diploma, recognized worldwide, paves the way for students to the most prestigious universities in France and abroad.
OPEN AND CARING SCHOOL FOR EACH STUDENT
– Caring environment for children and families
– Special transition classes (classes passerelles) and personal programs for those entering primary, primary or secondary school without the basics of French language
– personalized assistance is provided according to a personal plan for each student in difficulty according to need (learning difficulties, health problems, special needs, or disability)
– after-school group supervision until 6 pm, a large selection of after-school activities, leisure center during school holidays
– special attention to career guidance and individual support for each student
History of VILNIUS INTERNATIONAL FRENCH HIGH SCHOOL
Vilnius French School (Ecole française de Vilnius- EFV) was the first private school in the Lithuanian capital, established in 1992. The institution was founded by the French living in Vilnius for their children, but it was also very quickly appreciated by Lithuanians and international families.
In 2002, the school was recognized by the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Lithuania, and in 2005 it was admitted to the AEFE network. The EFV has become part of a unique global network of French schools abroad: a special recognition that confirms that the institution meets the high standards of French schools.
Since 2010, Ecole française Montesquieu de Vilnius was situated in new renovated premises in Antakalnis, Šilo str. 13. After the construction of the annex and the gym, in 2011 the school already had 300 students.
In 2015, the French school changed its name to become the Vilnius International French Lyceum. The number of students was constantly growing, and the school was expanding. CM1, CM2, college and lyceum students moved to a new building on Antakalnio str. 54.
In 2020, the French Ministry of European and Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of National Education approved the quality of the curriculum of class Terminale. This means that all our programs – from preschool to Terminale – meet the criteria of French national education and confirm the quality of the education provided in the school.
In 2020 The Vilnius International French Lyceum welcomes more than 530 students from 3-year-old in preschool (kindergarten) to 18-year-old graduates preparing to take Baccalaureate exams and enter the best universities in the world.
We are turning the page of our history: in 2021 college and lyceum students will settle in new premises in the heart of Vilnius Old Town, Subačiaus str. 7.