The management committee:
The French International Lyceum of Vilnius is a non-profit, private school managed by the parents.
Administrative, accounting management and control are based on parents’ voluntary involvement in the parents’ association.
When enrolling their children, parents become full members of this association and commit themselves to:
– take part in general meetings;
– help and make commitments to the association’s office;
– lend their support and contribute within their capabilities to the proper functioning of the school.
Partially renewed each year, the association’s office holders ensure the administrative and financial management of the school. Elected members are parents.
Association’s holders meet on a regular basis within the Management committee (consisting of the association’s holders, the Cultural Advisor of the Embassy, the headmaster and the director of administration and finance), and deliberate on issues concerning the life of the institution and vote on the budget.
For additional information, you can request to consult the minutes by contacting the Administrative and Financial Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will prepare the document for consultation in 5 working days.
Minutes of the General assembly of 28 11 2017: PV AG 28.11.2017_FR
There are 9 association’s holders:
Président : Mr Thierry Lauvray
Vice-Présidente : Mrs Vaidutė Stundžaitė-Bružienė
Trésorier: Mr Xavier Rollin De Lagarde De Chambonas
Secrétaire: Mrs Tatjana Birilo-Nguyen
You can contact the management committee’s members by e-mail: email@example.com
The Board deals with:
– The establishment project, based on a proposal from the School Board and the Secondary School Council.
– The internal rules of the institution after consultation with the preparatory bodies (the School Board and the Secondary School Council).
– School schedules and calendar of the school year.
– Proposing a list of positions for expatriate and local staff.
It issues an opinion on:
– Proposals for changing educational structures and composition of classes.
– Educational activities projects.
– The programme of activities of associations and clubs operating within the institution, having regard to temporary permissions for the occupation of the premises.
– Issues relating to the reception of parents and keeping them informed, and the general terms and conditions of their participation in the school life.
– Planning and funding school trips.
– Organisation of school life.
– Hygiene, health and safety issues, as well as work to be done in these fields.
– Welcoming and supporting pupils with disabilities.
– School meals.
School management, administrative and pedagogical supervisions:
The school is managed by Mr. Gilles Dervieux, a public servant from the Ministry of Education, recruited directly by AEFE (Agency for French Education Abroad).
Mr. Gilles Dervieux is the guarantor of the implementation of the guidelines and programmes of French education. He is responsible for the operation and organisation of the school. He chairs the School Board, the School Council, and attends meetings of the Management Committee as a consultative Member.
The Cooperation and Cultural Action Service of the French Embassy in Vilnius is responsible for the administrative supervision of the school, through the mediation of the Counsellor for Cooperation and Cultural Action (COCAC). The COCAC is an ex officio member of the various decision-making bodies of the School (Management Committee, School Council, School Board). In Vilnius, it is Mr. Jean Marie Sani, who is also the Director of the French Institute (Institut français).
AEFE (Agency for French Education Abroad) provides educational supervision of the school:
– in preschools and primary education by Mr. Philippe Wolff, Inspector of National Education for Central and Eastern Europe. His office is located within the Lycée Français de Prague (French School of Prague, Czech Republic).
– in secondary education, educational supervision is ensured by inspectors responsible for various disciplines. They are based in Paris.